Phantom 105.2 and MusicMaker present
I-Con’s Next Big Thing
Andrew’s Lane Theatre
the third Friday of every month.
This exciting Battle of the Bands style competition is brought to you in conjunction with MusicMaker and Phantom’s own dedicated Irish Music show I-Con, which is presented by Cathal Funge and airs every Wednesday between 10 and 12pm. The competition will take place over 5 months, with four acts performing in front of a panel of guest judges at each of the five heats. The heats will take place on the following dates:
Friday, July 17th
Friday, August 21st
Friday, September 18th
Friday, October 16th
Friday, November 20th
One act from each heat will progress to the Final on Friday, December 11th at Andrew’s Lane.
And here’s the best bit. As well as being awarded the title of I-Con’s Next Big Thing, the winning act will also be presented with the following prizes:
– A whole range of prizes from MusicMaker to be announced.
– 5 full days in a row of rehearsal time with thanks to Troubadour Rehearsal Studio in their Premier Room. It is over 400 sq ft and the winning act will be able to leave their equipment fully set up over night. This is the equivalent of 10 sessions and amounts to €500 worth of free rehearsal time. – A professional Photo shoot courtesy of Photolounge Music in Howth.
– A CD Print Run of 400 CD’s with thanks to Budgetmedia.ie.
– 3 days studio time courtesy of Guineapig Studios in Malahide.
– One music promo/video courtesy of Giggidy.tv, including a one-day shoot on hi-definition cameras, one-day edit, finished promo supplied in multiple formats for web use, dvd etc. Promo will feature on the online music channel. Note: Winners must use this prize within 6 months of receipt
– Interview & Session on ICON in January 2010.
– A spot on the First Friday line up for February 2010.
Leave a comment
No comments yet.